Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's my party and I'll drink if I want to...

Chai latte that is. That's how I am celebrating my birthday. My *cough* *cough* 33rd birthday. How the heck did I get so old????

I had homemade bread with peanut butter and honey (in small quantities, no worries) this morning. Jeff started making bread the past month or so, we don't buy the bagged bread anymore (too many preservatives) and I never eat it - I figure if I knew how good it was I would eat it all, every day. And I was right - it is DELICIOUS. This week's loaf had flax seed in it. I dared him to try adding wheat germ next time :)

I've been staying away from the scale (I listened to you Malinda!) but I decided it's my birthday and I can do whatever I want. I was quite pleased with what it blinked back at me.

AND last night - I was at core class and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and what do you know? I thought I looked *gasp* skinny! (don't laugh T!) And in workout clothes to boot! Normally I feel like a cow in my workout clothes (I always wear gym clothes that fit right to my body, loose clothing drives me insane at the gym) but last night I was... dare I say it... impressed with what I saw? Crazy!

6 people had this to say:

desajair said...

You are skinny silly-girl. You look good in ALL your workout clothes!

Malinda said...

Happy HAPPY birthday to YOU!!!

Thank you for your comment on my blog, it means A LOT to know that you have been there and you've succeeded! Another one of my gf I admire is tripping on some emotional eating right now too and she has shed a ton of weight. I guess it will nver go away but I need better tools to get through each day... thank you!

I hope you have a FANTASTIC birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, you hottie! :)

JavaChick said...

Happy Birthday!

Carolyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you skinny little thing you!

I love that you are celebrating with a Latte! Very chic!

PS I always look better in work out clothes, at least I think I do? I wish I could wear them out!

Mona said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day.:-)