Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sorry...

I should have explained that I change completely to go for a walk, put on my sports bra, shirt, pants, socks and running shoes. So yesterday, after about an hour, I felt much better (the sweat from my head had dissipated) but my hair didn't look as good as in the morning, but I suppose the fact that I'm exercising trumps nice hair, maybe?

Thanks for the tip about the wipes. I think I may also bring a washcloth and wet it before going into the bathroom stall.....

Thanks ladies - my goodness I'm blessed to have met such wonderful supportive people on here!!

6 people had this to say:

Marathon Someday said...

I dunno - you know that I think good hair is pretty amazing. But yes, I agree - exercise trumps it!:-)

I remembered another trick that I used when I was exercising at lunch - a little bit of baby powder in the hair (a *little*) helps absorb some of the sweat. It does make things feel a little less grungy. After all, it's only surviving for 3-ish hours until quitting time, right?

Christy said...

Hmmmm - I may try the baby powder. I tend to look for the newest most expensive solution (what's wrong with me?) but sometimes it's the good old fashioned product that does the job!

Thank you!

JavaChick said...

I have this spray stuff at home that I got at Trade Secret - I think it is called Dry Clean Only (from Sebastien product line) that is for use between shampoos to refresh your hair...Maybe something like that would work?

Anonymous said...

What about blow-drying your hair? I know it's gross to blow-dry sweat, but it does work.

Julie said...

Hey Christy,

I was reading Self Magazine and they were saying about spraying a bit of dry shampoo on sweaty hair if you workout during the day. - I thought about your dilemma right away and thought I'd come on here and share. I've read somewhere else before that Oscar Blandi (sephora maybe?) makes a really good one and that it will absorb the sweat AND smells really good too :-) Also, I was thinking why dont you get some of those huge bottles of refreshing mists ( like the evian ones) and spray it all over yourself and then wipe away with a towel before putting your work clothes back on, its simple and quick and probably will feel a million times better than washing down with a cloth...anyways just suggestions :-) good luck

Christy said...

Thanks Julie and java! I like Sephora solutions :) I'm going to look at Trade Secrets and then SEphora (when it FINALLY opens in Ottawa)... and I never thought about buying one of those bottles of refreshing mists, I like the idea of the Evian. Good thing it's 20X the points at Shoppers this weekend :)

You guys are awesome!!