Monday, May 26, 2008

Oh weekends how I love to hate thee

Let me explain that. First off, I LOVE weekends. But my food intake is always out of control.

Friday I was a star.
Saturday I was a star until lunch, when I decided to have a piece of ice cream cake for dessert (dessert, at lunch? Who knew). My tummy hurt aftewards.
Saturday night - BBQ at T & J's - always so much food and so delicious. Burger (with cheese on it), potato salad, nacho chips with a spicy bean dip (SO good, must get recipe), and a piece of ice cream cake for dessert (they got Maisie the same kind of ice cream cake I had for lunch, that was leftover from my birthday)
Sunday - cottage cheese and waffle for breakkie - then up to the trailer (my mom bought a cute trailer at an RV resort in CP!) where the snacks continued. Looking back, I probably didn't eat as much as I typically would have in my fat days, BUT it wasn't good, by any means. But at least when we got home the snacking stopped and we had BBQ salmon and asparagus. Yum!

Part of me is a bit relieved once Monday comes, routine is back. I didn't bring my stuff to walk/run at lunch because a) it's raining and b) I realized that I haven't renewed my license sticker stuff (and apparently the police don't give you any time to bring your stuff in, if you don't have it on you, it's a nasty fine) so I'll go do that at lunch.

OOhh I forgot to update my stats - I stayed the same this week which was quite the feat for my birthday week!

2 people had this to say:

Fatinah said...

I think many of us have the same issues when we are out of our routines on the weekend.

Carolyn said...

Wow! You made it through a birthday (WITH ice cream cake) without gaining? That is a huge victory! Congrats!

Why are the weekends so damn hard? Seriously?> It's been like 6 months since I've gone through a weekend without going over my points. Seriously!