Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pesto question

I bought a jar of pesto, it was selling in the cold section at Costco, but it's a huge bottle. And it expires in June. There is no way we are going to use it all before then. Can I freeze portions of it? Then I can take it out on a need-to-use basis. Any thoughts?

By the way, it's delicious. I had some veggies to use up so I cut up zucchini, mushrooms, red peppers and onions, cut up some leftover chicken from last night, put it all on top of pasta that I had mixed with 2 tbsp of pesto, with some shredded asiago cheese on top. Yum!

1 people had this to say:

Marathon Someday said...

Hmmm - I've never frozen pesto before. However, I don't see why you couldn't. I'd probably suggest letting it thaw "naturally" when you take it out of the freezer, though - not sure if the basil would take well to the microwave.