Thursday, May 1, 2008

Success!

Yippeee.... I did it! Last night I made red lentil curry before I went out (in between having a small child fall asleep on my shoulder and crying on and off for a couple hours) and had a few bites (a chef always has to check out the wares, right? and it was really good!). Then at the Epicure party I had a glass of wine (to put all minds at ease, if I'm drinking wine i'm not pregnant) and 1 forkful of pasta, 2 pieces of baguette, 3 multigrain nacho chips and about 3 tbsp of dip in total. Then I just stuck to the carrots. I was quite proud of myself.

The Epicure stuff was quite tasty, I gotta say. I ended up buying a thai mix, seafood and fish rub, beef and steak rub and a pesto herb mix. I'm hoping the thai mix is good (they didn't have a sample there) because it always seems my red curries are missing something even though I use everything in the recipe (real lemonngrass, kaffir lime leaves....) and I think it has to do with the red curry paste. I buy the Thai Kitchen one from Loblaws but I always keep my eye open when I go to speciality stores....if anyone else knows where to buy good paste, here in Ottawa, let me know!

Wednesday's Eats:
B - cottage cheese, pineapple, strawberries (3)
S - carrots (1)
L - tuna, salad (4)
S - apple (1)
D - red lentil curry (2), wine (4), nibbles (6)
Total: 21

I'm at home today, Carson had a high fever yesterday and has a bad cold, cough and runny nose.

3 people had this to say:

desajair said...

oh NO! Poor Carson! I hope he gets better really quick.

Something must be going around. Kailey sick too.

And awesome way to go on the party eats! Holy smoly that rocks!

Carolyn said...

You did amazing at the party! You must have felt so great when you left!

Aww poor little Carson!

Fatinah said...

awesome, awesome work at that party - talk about restraint!! very impressive!!!!!