Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 1

It's rather amusing (to myself at least) the number of times I've said Day 1.

Anyhoo - it went perfect! I stuck to my plan and we made the most delicious dinner. It was this recipe for halibut and zucchini kebobs, but we switched in salmon for the halibut. I stuck to using cumin (we don't have 5 spice) and it was delicioussssss. Just a tip - the article suggests using two skewers per kebab and that's brilliant! Not that I did the BBQ'ing, but Jeff said it makes it way easier to flip and maneuver. It was super easy and even Carson loved them. I served them with rice and corn. I'm really trying to focus on making quick and easy dinners so I don't have to spend an hour in the kitchen preparing dinner and having Carson just occupy himself. I'd way rather be able to spend quality time with him, and this dinner was certainly perfect for that.

THEN - after the boog went to bed I went for an hour and ten minute power walk! I had run the past two days so I could feel my legs being a little sore and I didn't want to overdo it. So I walked, and walked, and walked. It was the perfect night, not too hot, no bugs and no rain.

1 people had this to say:

Anne said...

So proud of you!! I hope to go for a power walk too tonight!