Saturday, July 19, 2008

Holy emotional eater!

I never realized what an emotional eater I am. Maybe it's because overall, I'm pretty lucky and nothing really bad happens to us.

Since I miscarried (I hate that word), I have not stopped eating. Ice cream drumsticks, ice cream sandwiches, fries, chicken fingers, Kraft Dinner (I honestly don't remember the last time I had this, maybe university?)... you name it, and I have most likely eaten it. I just can't stop. I'm not even HUNGRY. I just want to eat. It's what I think is helping me cope. Which isn't the case, we all know food never actually solves problems, it just makes me feel worse.

Tonight we have a BBQ at my parents place with my siblings and nieces and nephews. I think being surrounded by family is what I need. Surrounded by the accompanying food? Not so much. And I can't even keep myself busy being in the pool because well, I won't get into the details, but swimming is unfortunately NOT on the agenda for me. Which sucks because Carson loves being in the pool.

Monday it starts. I would start today, but it's the weekend and I know realistically there is going to be more time out of the house (read: eating out) then being inside. I need to get out and not sit here with my thoughts!

I know I said I wasn't going to blog for a while, but honestly, I feel better after I write here.

2 people had this to say:

Marathon Someday said...

Yeah, I'm very guilty of emotional eating too. I'm literally CARRYING all of my emotions on my body now.

You know what, though? Two or three days of reckless abandon isn't something to worry about. You've had a rough week, and the last thing you need to be doing is placing boundaries on yourself. As long as you get back to your disciplined way of eating very soon, that's what matters.

Just enjoy your last day off the wagon, because tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your (fit) life, hawt mama!

Carolyn said...

Glad to have you back!

Sometimes you just need to throw all the rules out the window and just do what you want. I ended up doing the same thing this weekend and saw a very scary number on the scale so today I'm back on track and back in action.

You've had a rough week and I've thought of you often, glad to see you rejoin the blogging world :) We would have been lost without you!