Friday, September 12, 2008

2 Friday goodies (and it's only 7:30am!)

1 - I jumped on the scale this morning and the numbers just keep going down. I know I said I wasn't going to focus on them, and I'm not. But I'm keeping them in the back of my mind. I'm now just three measly pounds above what I was all summer. Yipee

2 - On my drive to work I convinced myself that I was going to get a chai latte with soy milk (my fave treat). I figured: it was Friday, I had a great week, I hadn't spent any money (which is HUGE for me), it was cold and rainy and I wanted something hot and frothy. When I parked the car, I just walked right past the coffee shop. I figured, if I could ignore my craving for 30 seconds and get away from the coffee shop then I'd be OK. And you know what? I'm eating my bagel with almond butter, raspberries with vanilla bean yogurt and a mug of hot green tea and I'm perfectly content. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Oh! And this isn't a Friday goodie, it's a remanant from last night. I made a delicious (if I do say so myself) chicken pasta with roasted veggies, pesto and goat cheese last night and two loaves of garlic bread. I made sure I filled my plate with mostly veggies (I was dishing it out so I could tailor my serving), some chicken and hardly any pasta. I had one small glass of wine (when everyone else had two or three) and one small piece of garlic bread (it was delicious and I could have easily eaten a loaf by myself).

THEN Lisa came over and even though it was late and I decided not to go walking, I changed my mind we strapped on our shoes and went for a wicked 35 minute walk around the neighbourhood.

Go Christy.

3 people had this to say:

desajair said...

Go You! That's fabulous!!!! Can you email your chicken pasta and roasted veges recipe? I don't think I've ever used pesto.... (which is weird because whenever I go to someone else's house and have it I love it)

Amy said...

Go is right! You getting your mojo back,is making me get mine back too!

marie said...

WOOOHOOO! :)