Thursday, September 11, 2008

Follow-up from Day 3

Yesterday's lesson was Eat Sitting Down

I kept it in mind as I made dinner last night. I'm a horrible picker. While I make dinner I taste this, cut off an extra piece of that, have a bite before serving... you all know what I'm talking about.

In the past I would have easily nibbled on ground turkey after it was browned
I would have loved to grate some more cheese to shove in my mouth
The end result looked so tasty, I normally would have taken a bite while Carson was getting washed up for dinner

But, last night I didn't have a bite of ANYTHING until I sat down at the table, with my meal in front of me (I even put my tongue to a piece of Carson's to make sure it wasn't too hot without biting it, which I would have done in the past)

That would have EASILY added up to 300 calories. 300 calories that I wouldn't have counted, or when I tallied up my daily points** and completely have forgotten when I didn't lose weight that week!

Again, thank you Beck Diet Solution, another lesson learned.

** actually, I haven't been counting points the past couple days, been busy with this blog but will start tomorrow... I promise

1 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

I love this commitment! 300 calories?!?! That is INSANE! That is a helluva lot of points too! Yikes! Makes me think twice about those nibbles!