Sunday, September 14, 2008

My food day.. in pictures

I'm still rather impressed with myself in having visitors all weekend, indulging somewhat in dinners but yet not letting it turn into a whole day (or weekend) of bad eating.

Breakfast this morning (I woke up quite hungry so ate right away, with my morning green tea). A piece of whole wheat toast, a smidgen of almond butter and sliced bananas, a bowl of cut up mango and a yogurt. Turns out I wasn't hungry enough for my yogurt so I put it back in the fridge for later.

I had two avocadoes sitting on my counter ready for use and I cringed at the thought of them going bad before we ate them so I used one to make one of my favourite combinations, tomato and avocado with red onion, white balsamic vinagrette and a drizzle of EVOO.

After two short nights with us, this is the recycling bin full of wine bottles. There is still 5 full bottles on my counter and bottle of grey goose. Honestly my parents are bigger drinkers then we are. But their love of fancy expensive wines was a nice treat. I'll be glad when it's all gone, too big a tempation!


1 people had this to say:

aandjblog said...

Every time I see the word almond butter, I can't wait to try it!