Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rain rain go away!

It's rainy here today, which (even though I hate to admit it) probably is a good thing. It's making us get stuff done around the house, starting to tackle our mile long to do list (separated into his and hers).

I think the "long term" plan is to sell our house in the spring. Both of our neighbours have left (both had year old boys) and the street seems lonely. The price at which they both sold their houses (which are identical to ours, except ours is an end unit) make it even more appealing.

But, there are some things to get done around the house. All cosmetic (painting, getting a few carpets...), but still take time, so we are slowly starting to get it all done. If and when the time comes (who knows, may be earlier then we planned) then we can easily and quickly put our house on the market.

Choosing paint is so stressful for me! I've narrowed it down to the colours I want in each room (only the main floor and the basement, we had the upstairs painted right before Carson was born) but not the exact shade. And getting it to match with the furniture we have, and the curtains and blah blah blah. So I have paint swatches strewn everywhere.

I also heard about the new Bou Clair "superstore" which carries some nice, somewhat cheap, furniture and I want to replace our current hutch (my mom's, from when we were single) with something a little more updated. I don't want to spend alot of money though, so we'll see what I can come up with. I really like the look of houses with antiques mixed with contemporary stuff, so I could go either way with this piece.

That's it for now, I may do a quick trip to Farmboy while Carson is sleeping. Then we're going to take a drive to the area we are considering moving to (it's on the opposite end of town from where we are now....)

1 people had this to say:

Miss Gogo said...

Oh my gosh. I am trying to pick out paint for our family room/kitchen (it is open concept) and I am having anxiety over it. I feel your pain. It is very stressful. A potentially costly and time consuming mistake if you don't like what goes up. Good luck with the search for the perfect paint colour!