Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random thoughts

1. I have a big character flaw. I can be quite lazy. I wish I was more organized and that everything had a place in this house. In my life. Carson's toys are scattered everywhere. There is mail to be opened and filed (or put in another pile to be left somewhere else). I'm quite adamant about my kitchen, so that's perfectly clean. There's laundry to be put away upstairs and I could probably be finalizing paint colours. Or doing #1 of the "His" and "Hers" to do list. But, here I am. Blogging. Watching an episode of Entourage.

2. Don't you love turning off your daytime lights after supper and turning on your nighttime lights? I turn all the big lights off and turn on one on the hutch (for lack of a better word) and the lights outside on. I close the blinds (that were left pulled up when Jeff and Carson waved goodbye to me as I left for work, like we do every morning) and slant them upwards. I just love being cozy.

3. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror tonight. In a pair of La Senza pj's (cotton straight legged pants and a tank top) in the bathroom mirror as I was giving Carson a bath. It was NOT pretty. I looked horrible! Way bigger than I thought I was. The only upside was I completed the look with sweaty turned frizzy hair, because I just got back from a walk. My second one today (I also went at lunch), plus a run. One point Christy.

2 people had this to say:

desajair said...

Dude, if YOU consider yourself lazy, what the heck are people like me? You get more done in an hour than I do in an entire day!!!!

Case in point--the exercise you got in! Wow!

Carolyn said...

I don't think it's even possible to be lazy with kiddos running around. Kudos to all mothers!

I love being cozy. My favorite times are when Scott and I are cuddled up on the couch or the rocking chair and the fire is going...oh and when the christmas tree lights are on...and it's snowing outside. Sooo cozy.