Friday, September 26, 2008

Three cheers for Friday

1. Despite a late night (to bed at 11!), I was up at 5:30am to go for a quick 4k run (which, I ran faster than I did on Monday). I had been hoping to get up at 5 but I guess my body needed the extra 30 minutes. Note: I don't have an alarm clock, haven't had one since before I was pregnant with Carson. I have one of those internal (annoying) alarm clocks.

2. Even though I felt like I deserved it, I walk right by the coffee shop this morning and did not stop for a chai latte! I was supposed to go for one yesterday with a colleague, but decided not to. And last night after I put Carson down I felt like one and yet I didn't walk across the street to my favourite little coffee shop. I haven't had one in a couple weeks... I'm thinking this weekend. I like taking Carson over there, they have toys inside and he can play while I sip my latte. Perfect Saturday morning.

3. I'm already down most of the weight I put on during the cottage weekend eating fiasco. I have to get out of the rut of being good all week and then losing control on the weekend. I think now that it's the fall, our social lives tend to quiet down a bit so less dinner/lunches out with friends and family. Hopefully at least for a couple of weeks so I can get things under control.

I found a cute website, wordle, and came up with this little collage of all my feelings running through my head since I woke up this morning.



Edit: Ohhh I couldn't remember number 3 and even as I writing it, it didn't sound right. BUT, I put on my size 10 pants after they had been washed and they fit perfectly! They are big already (ugh, Gap jeans) and normally they have been tight the first time on after a wash. Yipee.

0 people had this to say: