Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yummy supper

Thanks, Kraft!
I quite like getting their magazines with all the recipes. Even though when I make them, I rarely use the suggested Kraft products, they always seem to turn out quite tasty (except one butternut squash something or other, that was gross)

Tonight I made the spaghetti squares, Amy was the guinea pig and tried it first and since she liked them, I had to copy her (she's super cool, why wouldn't you copy her?). Again, same as Amy, I substituted the following:

-whole wheat pasta (flax with omega 3 and 6) for regular pasta
-ground turkey for lean ground beef
-instead of just one red pepper I chopped a red pepper, a zucchini, an onion and about 9 mushrooms
-instead of two eggs, I used one whole egg and one egg white
-used 1% cottage cheese (I will not eat the fat free stuff and I've never had the 2% kind)
-as embarrasing as it is to admit, I used store-bought pasta sauce. I think in my lifetime I've bought pasta sauce 3 times! But I didn't have any frozen, and I was running short on time so I tried to make the best choice and it was delicious!

It was too much stuff to put in one 13*9 dish, so I divided it into two separate casserole dishes and voila....


It made supper for Jeff, Carson and I, lunch for Jeff tomorrow, 4 meals for Carson and one family size serving to freeze. It's a huge bonus that Carson loves it.

4 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

YUM! I'm making this on Saturday! Thanks for the tip!

desajair said...

Hey--I was looking at that recipe too. 8) So glad two people have tried and like it! Must try it too

Amy said...

I started a trend... yipee!

Pretty tasty eh?

I have a total girl crush on you.

eurydice said...

looks delicious!