Thursday, October 16, 2008

Because I'm a science nut

I like to see theories tested in controlled studies. So, I found this article quite interesting. As most things pertaining to weight loss, it always ends up being rather common sense. But I think I was at the ice cream store when the common sense in terms of eating was being handed out.

Over the past couple days I've started using the small plates to eat on. With my Carson-size spoons and forks. And you know what? It works. I start off with a smaller portion (and always tell myself if it's not enough I will get more) And what do you know - it's always enough!

I had been caught in the trap of "Well, I can eat more of it because it's healthy". But if I don't learn to portion all my meals (not just the "bad" ones) then I won't really be learning to eat less. Here's to smaller portions being the norm now and not the exception.

0 people had this to say: