Monday, October 13, 2008

Somewhat survived

It's always a bit of a relief when a holiday is over so I don't have to stress about the eating part. Yesterday was a complete success! The turkey was delicious, the dressing was yummy, the potatoes, roasted veggies and desserts were all amazing. And the whole family made it - meaning 10 adults (there are 4 siblings) and 6 kidlets.

I put on a Hallowe'en treat scavenger hunt for the kids and only had 1 tootsie roll for myself. I had a few handfuls of roasted nuts (so bad for you but taste so good), instead of getting baguettes and dips (like we normally do) I cut up a bunch of veggies and served with low fat sour cream dip. So I stuck mostly to those. Dinner was served so I took a small plate and had two small servings.

Uh oh, then came dessert. Nadia made "better than sex" cake and it was delish! I had a piece of that, plus a piece of apple crumble and a spoonful of ice cream.

When everyone left I made them all take their desserts with them (forgot about the ice cream, d'oh, will have to throw that out) and I let them all take a big plate of leftovers so that I wouldn't have too much here. There's only so much I can do with turkey.

Today is supposed to be beautiful and despite being sick, I plan on spending the day outside. I had the most horrible sleep last night, I kept coughing/sneezing and stressing about work (will get into that later) and got maybe 3 hours sleep in total. Me thinks I'll be taking a nap when Carson does this afternoon.

0 people had this to say: