Monday, December 15, 2008

Die-hard

You girls know that I'm a cosmetic junkie. Love anything and everything to do with cosmetics. Truth be told though, I'm not sure exactly what the word cosmetics entails, but I'm more in love with the non-make up part of cosmetics. I love my cleansers, toners, exfoliants, moisturizers moreso than eyeshadows and mascara. I don't wear that much makeup, and whatever I do use, they are quite earthy-tones... I'm one of those, I want to look natural type of girls.

Oh, my one true cosmetic love is lipglosses.

But, I digress, I've stepped out of my Aveda comfort zone and I started using Philosophy products and I gotta say, I'm hooked. More specifically, so far all I've used is:

Purity and Hope in a Jar and honestly, I can already see the results, I am loving my skin these days.

I have a good friend, who's in her 40's with the absolutely most beautiful skin I've ever seen (that's not airbrushed) and before I say this, she's not at all vain, cause I know the way I'm going to write it is going to make her come across that way. But we were just talking about our ages, about getting older, and she said she went to her 20th high school reunion and she could just say it's amazing how old some women look! I'm not worried about wrinkles, but I do want to do whatever I can (obviously, short of surgery or botox) to keep my skin looking as good as it can be, naturally. So my cleansing routine may be a little more expensive, but I feel I can see the difference. And maybe it's the whole placebo affect, but it's working for me.

0 people had this to say: