Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Maintaining

For approximately the last 2 months, my scale (besides the fluctuation down 2lbs up 2lbs this past week) has shown me the exact same number. It's not a pretty number, but it's not a scary number either. 158.8. I had gotten down to 151 post-Carson, but I've been around this weight since my gain this summer. I'm annoyed that I gained this summer and wish I hadn't, so I would be maintaining at a lower weight, but my goal throughout the holiday season, until January 2nd, was to maintain. And I'm so far doing a fabulous job at it. I'm indulging too much, I know I am. But I'm balancing it out with making it to the gym 4-5 times a week. I'm not counting points or journalling, but I'm being aware of what I'm eating. If I've gone overboard on one meal, I know to scale it back the next. I can imagine when I get to my goal weight, if I can live like this I will be one happy camper.

The funny thing is, the scale is showing me the exact same weight. My scale goes to 1 decimal place, and even that number doesn't change. Normally my weight was all over the place, up down and around, but I've been weighing myself every day and bam. The number is dead on. Funny.

Anyways.....yesterday I had to buy my lunch and I bought a delicious wrap on a spinach tortilla. It had roast chicken, a ton of veggies and a piece of cheddar cheese with pesto mayo (just a smidgen). It was YUMMY. I went to pay for it and it was 5.65! I never buy lunch, so for the rest of the day it annoyed me that I paid that much for a wrap I could make for half the price. So what did I do this morning? I made a wrap for less than half the price. We had chicken on the barbie last night, so I used that, spinach, sprouts, tomatoes, pickles, onions, cucumbers, pesto mayo and an oz of shredded cheese. My husband even got to share the wealth, I made one for him too. With a side of carrot sticks and an apple, I'm excited to eat my lunch!

1 people had this to say:

desajair said...

Oh, drool.

That sounds so good!