Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christy - 1 Treats - 0

I've been allowing myself a treat a day (some days more) the past couple of weeks. It's kept me going through the day and I haven't seen it's affect on the scale yet so I keep doing it.

The treats range anywhere from a 300 calorie bowl of ice cream to a 100 calorie bag of popcorn to a 70 calorie popsicle.

I just know myself and once treats become a daily routine then more treats and poor eating creep into my routine. Commonly used phrases by me are "I had ice cream last night, I may as well have a muffin this morning", which was exactly my train of thought a few minutes ago. Instead it was "I only had popcorn last night so I can afford a muffin this morning". I even opened up my purse to scramble together some change.

Then I went to my lunch bag and took out a container of cut up veggies and dip (fat free sour cream with onion soup mix) and had that instead.

Isn't it amazing how powerful you feel after avoiding a mishap involving sweets??

Today was the first day I had to use the old elastic band through the buttonhole for my pants. They are a size 9 and fit everywhere except in the stomach. By this time with Carson I had gained close to 10 lbs and was just fat everywhere. This time I'm forming a kind of cute little stomach (I can feel it hard underneath my layer of fat, nice description eh?) and I'm proud of it.

3 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

and you should be so proud of that growing belly... you're going to be all belly this time around I just know it!

:-)

Anonymous said...

i used the elastic band as well...until I found the bella band. Loved it - I could wear some of my pants till 20 weeks. But you have to get the name barnd one.

Jen

Carolyn said...

Awww Your little baby bump. Can't wait to see pics!