Monday, January 5, 2009

I thrive on routine

After working intermittently (is that even a word?) over the last two weeks, it feels good to be back. Well, about 2 hours ago I wouldn't have said that, while Jeff and I lay in bed trying to convince the other to get out of bed and start getting ready.

But after getting up, having a good breakfast (special K with strawberries on top), packing my lunch (hummus and pickle sandwich, apple, two clementines) and my gym bag, I must say I love routine. I love when there's no planned meals out, no parties to attend, no chance of deviating from my eating plan. And I can go to the gym.

I can't say it enough, if you like hummus you MUST try the Barefoot Contessa's recipe, it's to die for. And so simple.

Jeff's at the hockey game tonight (junior championships) so even though I have a crapload of errands to run tonight, it looks like that will have to be postponed until tomorrow.

When I lived at home oh so many years ago, my mom used to cook porkchops with cut up onions in cream of mushroom sauce. That's what the little man and I are having for supper tonight and I can't wait!

2 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

routine does feel good. however for some reason yesterday felt like Friday to me so this week should be interesting. Jamie (dh) is setting up for the boat show in TO so its early morning to late evenings for him and Friday!

Yeah!! to new routines too... like walks with Daytona after his long day in the garage. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Just found your blog by reading thru others and couldn't agree more with you in terms of the routine thing...kids are back in school, house is almost clean, decorations are put away and YIPEE for being back to normal! It feels great :) Congrats on the baby- looking forward to hearing how the exercise goes with the pregnancy...Take care!
A Midwest Mom