Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fricking Frig

Ok, so remember my ordeal with ticketking?

I just checked my VISA statements and they DID charge me for my buying attempt online even though I never got an email confirmation and despite when I called to speak with an agent and specifically asking if my card was charged and was told NO.

I just called them and they can't do anything because the show's already passed.

They told me to send an email to customer service, to which I received a reply - we will respond to you within 2 days. The email also said if you require immediate assistance to call the original number I called. I'm calling back. If they don't do anything, I'm calling VISA to get the charge reversed. I'm PISSED.

Update: I'm getting a full refund.

2 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

If they don't fix it Visa will. They are great like that. That is so nasty!

desajair said...

Yay! Glad it worked out in the end. Good thing you checked!