Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grace in small things: Part 8 of 365

1. The wonderful supportive women who I work out with and my instructor who always makes sure I'm doing things properly. I just finished a 45 minute step class (two risers again, go me) and am starting to feel the "weight" of my pregnancy throughout the class, plus almost needing a nap when I'm done, but am SO happy I've kept up with my exercise during this pregnancy. The baby agrees, he kicks like mad right when I'm done the class.

2. Fruit! I've been kind of neglecting in the whole healthy eating thing the past week or so. I don't know why, things got busy so a few days were off track and we all know how hard it is to get back on track after a few days of eating everything and anything. My body had had it by yesterday so I went to Farm Boy and got oranges (I had a craving for oranges yesterday morning), plums, nectarines, apples, grapes and bananas. With my lunch I just had an orange and plum and it's just the sugar hit I need. Perfect.

3. Sammiches. I could eat one every day for lunch. Today it was delicious multigrain bread from Farmboy, turkey breast, salami (just one slice) and a thin slice of swiss cheese, lettuce and mustard. Sprouts would have been the final touch but the ones at the store yesterday already looked a bit brown so I didn't waste the money. I forgot to bring a side of pickles though :(

4. The sun! I know I was grateful for it yesterday, but today in Ottawa it's supposed to get up to 10 by the time I pick Carson up from daycare. Also because I've been planning our meals I can stay outside with him for a good hour/hour and a half after work. That's almost two hours of sun beaming on my face. LOVE IT.

5. My in-laws are coming this week for a week. For some people maybe that would be a downside to things, but I have the greatest in-laws. I took Friday off to spend with them while they are here so we'll have to think of some good Ottawa things to do. They live in PEI and are making the 13 hour drive to see us! I may even try to convince my mother in law to bake some of her oh so good biscuits.

1 people had this to say:

Mona said...

love this list. #1 makes me especially proud of you.:-)

xoxo
sonya