Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 5

Bleck. I'm sick. Last night I came down with a horrible cold. My nose is runny, my head is pounding and my eyes are watering.

And my husband flew to TO to see Pearl Jam tonight (He got a free flight, free room at the Royal York and free concert tickets)- which leaves me a sick mother of two.

I went out to lunch with one of my best friends who is leaving to go back to Vancouver tonight, her husband and our other friend. I ordered a salad with grilled veggies and feta - despite everyone else ordering yummy grilled sandwiches with fries. And you know what? It's really just getting past the actually ordering of the food. Those two seconds the waitress takes your order, you just need to make the right choice. As soon as she walks away, it's done. You cant' change your mind. And you'll always feel better for making the right choice.

But now my cold has progressed and my appetite has disappeared so if I don't get stressed out and eat everything in site, I will able to report back tomorrow that I survived!

1 people had this to say:

desajair said...

Oh no!! Feel better soon--and hopefully Beckett will sleep good tonight so you can get lots of sleep.