Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Blog

I want to move to a new blog - the name of this blog is outdated. It's no longer about me running. Although, I suppose I could look at it as I'm running towards a goal. I have so many thoughts going through my head right now. I need to get my life organized. I need to get under control. I And I don't mean under control in terms of only weight. I mean it in all aspects of my life.


I need to get my house organized. I have so much "stuff" and I need to de-clutter.
I need to get our budget under control - organize our finances.
I need to get my weight under control.

There are so many things I want and need to do, that I keep putting it all off because it's so daunting. But really, I have to make a list, start at the top and work my way down. It's like people who have 100 lbs to lose and they always talk about not thinking about the 100, but break it down in terms of 20 or 10 lbs. That's what I need to do. I can't think about the big picture or it's too stressful, it seems unrealistic. But if I break it down in little projects, then it makes it do-able.

I could write hours and hours on this, but I don't want to ramble. I think I'll be posting updates on all of this, plus my weight management in the weeks and months to come.

1 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

Hey Christy.... i just wanted to say I really like the order of your list. I think with getting a house and money under control and crossed off the list it leaves a whole lot more room for giving yourself the time and having the energy/focus to do what you want with your weight loss. my 2 cents

I did a ton of purging & organizing this winter. freecycle.org is my friend (post it and then someone that wants it just comes and takes it away). It takes a little time but the rewards are huge!!!! It feels so amazing to have a place for everything and everything in its place.