Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Accountability

Now that my scale is retired, I need to somehow keep myself accountable. I've spent the better part of my day (ok, the better part of the time in between wiping noses, bums, feeding, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, etc...) trying to figure out just how to be held accountable.

And then I figured out what would work for me. What would make me own up and help me along my journey.

I'm going to post a picture each day of one healthy choice I've made that day. A picture of something that I've eaten, bought, done, made, read, listened to, found, realized, discovered....that has brought me one step closer to my goal.

Here's today.
I was going to just get into the bath with a great book after I put Beckett to bed. But then I decided, in a matter of seconds, to get on my outdoor clothes and go for a walk. I was gone 45 minutes (had to be back in time for hubby to go to basketball). And it was perfect. I very rarely am not within a few feet of at least one of my children. So I'm always thinking of them, listening for them, etc... but when I get out of the house without them, I can think of stuff for ME. And it was wonderful. I felt great when i got home and still feel great.

5 people had this to say:

alea said...

What a great idea! Love it!

PS: I've nominated you for The Gorgeous Blogger award. If you'd like to play along feel free, if not that's totally ok with me too. :)

Sonya said...

Fabulous idea! I love it. I laughed at your first sentence re: the "better part of your day". I can SO relate. Oh, and we do live parallel lives yet AGAIN - I did the same thing last night, re: a 45 minute walk after the kids went to bed. Felt so amazing!

xoxo

Teresa said...

Excellent idea. Glad to hear you feeling so pumped up.

desajair said...

Hello feet!

LOL, that picture makes me all woozy like I'm going to fall over on my head.

Go Christy Go!

Chantal said...

that is great! I can't wait to get back to my evening jogs (I expect to start training again in spring) I always feel so good afterwards.