Thursday, October 15, 2009

And here is where it normally all goes out the window...

I met a friend for lunch today. At a restaurant that I just can't NOT order the chicken pita and a split side of greek salad and fries. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. None of the other options even held a candle to this one.

And, like Ive said in the past I'm trying to eat normally and normal people can order this, right? Lots of other people there (THIN people) were eating it, so heck, it's normal in my book.

The whole point of it is to not allow a lunch like this to open the door for crappy eating the rest of the day. It's ridiculous. As soon as I got home I could feel my mind wandering to my snack, what could I eat that would top off this meal. Even though, of course, I wasn't even the bit hungry.

So what did I do? I boiled some water and make a hot cup of tea. And I sat down. And blogged about it :)

And you know what? It was just what I needed. And I'm being completely serious. I'm not just saying it because I'm supposed to, or it's what I think you want to hear from me. I was perfectly content after drinking the tea (decaf green tea in case you were wondering) and am not craving anything else.

4 people had this to say:

Anonymous said...

not sure how it's "okay" to eat french fries as a healthy food (just because other thin people do it), but if it makes you feel better that you had some tea afterward, all the power to you.

desajair said...

Awesome day, and yay for friend dates!

I love your tea cup, where do you get those?

Christy said...

Friend dates aren't quite the same with both kids! But we were able to catch up.

I got a dish set at Costco years ago and it's funny how many compliments I get on them! I love BIG tea cups though, if I'm going to have tea, I need a big mug not a little teeny one :)

Chantal said...

I know what you mean about wanting something even though you know you shouldn't. I say go for it. If you had had salad you would have craved fries and then maybe indulged later in the day when it would be worse (closer to bed time). I am not sure if this is true but I am more apt to give myself a pass at lunch because I have more of the day to work it off.