Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back into it...

I start up with my oatmeal morning routine every couple weeks, but then it quickly gets thwarted. Each time I start with it again, I swear I am never going to stop because it's so darn good. Let's see if I can keep it up this time.

I wish I liked quick oats because it wouldn't take so long to make. I think that's my issue. 3 out of 5 week days I need to get Carson out of the door at ten to 9. When we're only waking up at 7:30, the mornings are kind of... um... rushed. I remember sonya telling me about a good quick oats, I must look up that post again and try them out.

-1/2 cup old fashioned oats cooked with water
-1/4 c soy milk (regular)
-1/4 banana
-1tbsp flax seed
-1 tsp almond butter
-1 tsp crumbled walnuts
-1 tsp granola (hemp granola from bulk barn)
-sprinkle of unsweetened coconut.

And like always? IT was DELICIOUS!!!

3 people had this to say:

Sonya said...

Nature's Path! To be honest, though, I've gone off instant oatmeal...the stuff that takes a bit longer makes ALL the difference. Having said that, Nature's Path is my favourite brand (and it's organic).

You could always try and cook some steel cut oats in advance if you have some time to spare ever (ha, ha, I know), and that way, you can just heat it up in the AM.

JavaChick said...

As Sonya said, steel cut oats can be made ahead of time and reheated. Also, I tried oat bran recently and it's really quick to make. Different consistency than oatmeal, but I actually find it more filling.

Teresa said...

I don't like the instant stuff at all. The old fashion oats are much better. I make mine at home then reheat them when I get to work. They still taste good.