Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have to stop

Looking at the scale. It's not budging.

But I'm doing everything right, and that's what counts, right?

I'm..
-going for walks
-not eating out
-not eating past 7
-eating mostly core foods
-getting in my water

I guess all this hard work will pay off at some point. That's what I tell everyone else who says the same type of things.

I was in a baby store before I got pregnant with Beckett (buying pregnancy tests) and there was a girl there I went to highschool with (actually, she started dating my ex boyfriend right after we broke up. Him and I had gone out for 4 years and they moved to BC together) who had a baby about 4 months after I had Carson (not with my ex boyfriend, she had moved back to Ottawa and married another guy). Anyways, all through highschool she was super slim and now she was bigger. Like seriously bigger. We talked and she had JUST stopped nursing (I think she said her daughter was 19 months at the time?) and she said part of it was she wnated her body back. Which is nice to know. That I'm not the only one who's body just seems to hold onto every inch and pound when nursing.

I'm not using that as an excuse, I'm still going to continue on as if the scale is showing progress. Because I am CERTAIN the scale will start to move. In the downward way. At some point in the not so distant future.

However, I think I'll try to stay away from the scale. I can't help it, but sometimes it discourages me. I'll just pretend I stepped on it. And I'll pretend it said - 5 lbs. That will keep me going!

Oh the mind games we play. But hey, as long as said mind games are to get me towards a healthy goal, I'm OK with them.

5 people had this to say:

JavaChick said...

Aw! Understandable that you would feel frustrated, but hang in there!

Chantal said...

The only person I know who got skinny while nursing was suffering from some serious PPD, I think you are doing just fine. The weight will come off when it is ready and the bonus is you are so healthy already!

Marathon Someday said...

You are SO not the only one whose body is clinging onto every last pound, dear for life. Dear god, I wish my body would let some of it go!

Remember this:

- You are doing an amazing thing for Beckett, and it's not going to be forever - just a matter of months. You'll look back and be so glad.
- You are doing all the right things.
- When you stop nursing, I swear you'll probably drop 20lbs overnight! Since I'm a few months ahead of you, we'll use me as a guinea pig to see if it's true!

Teresa said...

I couldn't agree more that there's nothing more frustrating. Don't let it get you down hold tight and things will start moving. Keep up the good work.

Miss Gogo said...

As much as we want to be thin, the bottom line is that it is about being healthy. All these changes that you have made are a part of a healthy lifestyle. The weight will come off when your body is ready. Until then, remember that walking, drinking lots of water, eating tons of fruits and veggies will get you to the goal of living a healthy life for you and your boys. You've always been an inspiration to your blog readers Christy. Who the heck else went to freakin step class while 6 months pregnant?!?!?!?! Think of me and the others you have inspired when you get down about the scale.