Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's only 9am

And yet I've made a healthy choice.

That would be me, throwing out the rest of the apple crumble I made last night for dessert for our company.

By the way, the apple crisp was divine. I made this recipe. It's the first time I've made an apple crisp that said to put half the topping on the bottom, then the apples, then the rest of the topping. And it made all the difference in the world - it was DELISH!

But first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was the apple crisp and how I couldn't wait until dessert tonight to eat it. As soon as I had that thought, I knew I needed to get rid of it.
Now I won't think of it anymore. Yes, I am totally one of those weak individuals that can't have any tasty treats in her house, or else it's all I think about it, just waiting until I can have it again. So that's easy to control, just don't bring that kind of stuff in. My husband doesn't have a sweet tooth at all and Carson normally only gets treats outside of the house - on special occasions, just like the rest of us.

And right now, I'm cheering Sonya on! My amazing friend is in a 5K race this morning, I hope she's doing well!

I read a woman's blog the other day, and her post made me teary and it really hit home. I'm a parent, I have two children who I need to set a good example for, I need to be the role model that shows them what it's like to live a happy and healthy life.

Go read it, it's totally worth it.

2 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

I LLLLOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE apple crisp. AND I can totally relate to the treats in the house. I can't have ANY of them in my house. It's like they call me from the cupboard! I cant resist, call me weak but at least I know better!

Miss Gogo said...

OK, I just read that womans blog entry. I KNOW that is why I am doing it but it was SO nice to be reading about how the childs thinking changed because of healthy living. Thanks for letting us know about that one!