Saturday, October 17, 2009

Multi-tasking

So we all have our reasons for why certain times of day are best for our exercise. Currently, mine revolves around
a) my husband being home
b) at least one of the children sleeping (mostly the youngest one)
c) it NOT being breakfast, lunch or dinner

Today, said littlest one wasn't having an afternoon nap. So rather than trying to rock him to sleep, I bundled him up and out we went - for my walk. It ended up being 1.5 hours!

Sometimes we have to make adjustments to our schedule in order to fit exercise in. Lord knows I could have used that time to clean the house for our dinner guests, start on the dinner preparations or any of the annoying every day tasks (laundry, ironing, cleaning etc...) But I was so much better off for going for my walk.

At the beginning of the walk:
Middle of the walk

And so was the little guy!

0 people had this to say: