Sunday, October 25, 2009

Perfect end to a not so perfect weekend

I hate weekends.

Wait. I digress. I love weekends. I love spending time with my husband and kids. I love going out and about and exploring new places. But the food part of weekends stresses me out. We are out so much it's hard to plan healthy meals. I should pack lunches more often, but in my defense we often don't know we are staying out past lunch hour until the last minute. But, I should pack just in case anyways.

So this weekend may have consisted of poutine (but hey, that's littlebitofmomsense's fault!), some fudge and pizza (I know, when I go out I go FULL out. Go big or go home, eh?) but at least we finished off with a healthy Sunday night dinner.

I steamed a whole bunch of veggies (zucchini, sweet potato, squash, carrots, avocado and peppers) and then I blended them all up, mixed them with some tomato sauce and garlic and onions. I added a sprinkle of curry and pepper. And it was delicious.

4 people had this to say:

Sonya said...

A girl after my own heart. I am SO the "go big or go home" type. And yesterday, I sure as hell went big.

Weekends *are* really tough. I'm struggling to find a balance. I could spend all day in the kitchen making healthy meals. Or I could spend time with my lovely kiddies, enjoying them. The latter always wins. Maybe we just need to NOT feel so guilty about it, right?

desajair said...

Wow, that meal sounds DELICIOUS! I'm putting it on my menu right now. 8) YUM! I'm stealing all sorts of meal ideas from you lately. 8) Thank yoU!

Teresa said...

Weekends are difficult for me as well. Always seem to get the best of me. Need to find more determination not to give in to temptation. Looks like you are not alone. Your supper sounds great. Have a wonderful week.

Chantal said...

Just consider the weekend your reward for being so good all week :)