Monday, February 1, 2010

One eighty four

Is what the scale told me this morning. Seeing as I'd been at 183 on Wednesday I was a tad discouraged - but I did go out to dinner twice this week and entertained on Saturday night. I made really good choices and I patted myself on the back all 3 times.

My X-weighted challenge is to lose 49 lbs in 6 months. That's a tad extreme (as it should be) but it's definitely something to reach for. That's 1.9lbs a week and this week I was told I was "slightly off track" because I'm at 1.7lbs/week thus far.

I'm not going to let it get me down, and as soon as Beckett went down for a nap I ran out the door - dropped Carson off at school and went to the gym. The head trainer (I think I've mentioned him before) stopped me before class and said he's been wanting to talk to me for a bit. Uh oh - normally when a teacher says they want to talk to you it typically isn't a good sign - but he said he wanted to tell me what a difference he's seen in my body and the way I'm tackling the classes. He said he's noticed that I can do things now that I wasn't able to do in the past. And he said my body is starting to tone up. AWESOME! And to boot, I feel like I am part of the class now. There are probably 200 members - attending 3 classes a week, and the trainers now call me by name (there are lots of people they call by name, but they never did me until now).

3 people had this to say:

Tricia said...

Very cool that the trainer singled you out! Happy Monday!

Teresa said...

Congrats on the compliments from the instructor. I got the thumbs down too from that stupid thing when I posted the first week and again the second because I stayed the same. Now it won't let me update my weight and I'm still getting the thumbs down. Good luck, what ever weight it lost is a plus.

Miss Gogo said...

That is fantastic Christy! You are amazing! Doesn't it feel so darn good when someone notices the change in you?