Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nasty nasty numbers take 3

I'm going to measure my progress at the gym every 2 months. I was going to do it every month but I think that may be too often for me. So here are my results from this morning. And yes, that means I went to my 6am class this morning.

Again, the numbers are going down but I was really hoping for the body fat % to have dropped below 30.

In terms of eating I think I need to kick it up a notch. When I told that to Jeff and he looked at me completely confused and said "how"? He says you've cut all the bad things out. And between you and I, I've been SO good. I've said no to sweets, to treats, to take out, to wine, to EVERYTHING. I made banana cake a few weeks ago and gave it away to our friends who had dinner with us and left myself a small piece. What more do you want from me weight loss gods?

But if I look at the way I've been eating, I'm pretty sure that I've had too many licks, tastes, bites. Or bites, licks, tastes as WW likes to call them. BLTs. So this week I am concentrating on cutting out the BLTs and see if the scale shows that my thinking is right.

4 people had this to say:

Sonya said...

I'm SO sorry that I'm late to post a comment here. I've been MIA from the internet for a few days.

First of all, I totally KNOW how that stupid scale can drag a person down. And remember, it works both ways! Sometimes I expect to see a big gain after a crappy eating weekend, and it rewards me with a small loss / maintainenace. And that does wonders for my ego. Just like a bad number makes me feel like a smaller person.

But here's the thing: you posted some progress pics awhile back, and I thought you looked SERIOUSLY amazing. You are looking strong, lean, fit, and healthy. Ride that feeling. You're doing EVERYTHING right. And I'm sure that part of it has to do with the fact that you're still nursing. (I'm still nursing, in fact, but that's another story!).

I think you're gaining a ton of muscle with the types of workouts you're doing, so keep it up.

You're such an amazing person, don't let the scale tell you otherwise. xo

Teresa said...

Remember you are making progess. It might not be as fast as you like but down is down. Good luck and keep up the great work.

Anne said...

Don't get down, slow and steady wins the race, right? I'm with you with the bites and licks....so hard to resist!

Julie said...

hey Christy,

You may be disapointed with your numbers but hun what you need to do is step back and take a look at your posts and yourself from an outsiders perspective. When you evaluate yourself and post, think of the person you're writing/thinking/evaluation about as one of us girls, as someone else, someone whose blog you might read and think of what you would think of her, im sure you wouldnt be so hard on her as you are with you. You would tell her how amazing she is for doing all the things she does in a day, for raising 2 beautiful babies, for having the willpower to get up and go to the gym at 6 AM... SIX AM!!!!! in order to reach her goals, for saying no to all the temptations and especially on losing weight throughout all this, be it 1 lb or 50 lbs! every lb counts. Looking at it from this point of view, you're doing pretty damn good ah? that being said, i encourage you on cutting out the BLTs and hopefully this will work to give you a little extra boost! keep trucking hun, you will get there! :-)