Monday, March 15, 2010

Right back to where I started

Well, not where I started started from, but right back to where I was 4 weeks ago.

The bad news? I haven't lost anything in 4 weeks!
The good news? I'm not higher than I was 4 weeks ago.

I'm taking this as a good thing. I got back into the swing of things before I let them get completely out of control. I almost measure my success in terms of how long it takes me to get back to eating well after I blow it for a day.

Before I would go way above and beyond my daily allowance for a day and then it was like the whole week was shot. Oh, if I ate a piece of cake today, I may as well have chips for dinner. I may as well eat take out for lunch. I may as well drink iced tea instead of water. And on and on and on.

But now it seems my body craves healthy foods after a day of poor eating. I was never like that before. It's not really as measurable as say, my weight, or a clothing size, but it's an attitude and sometimes that just as good (if not better)

2 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Holding steady is good, better than going up any day. Understand the frustration with not making progress as I'm in the exact same boat. At least we are taking positive steps. Ultimately that is whats most important.

Marathon Someday said...

Um, holding steady is NO easy feat. So pat yourself on the back for that.

And yes, eating an apple after a handful of chips is AWESOME. I think it balances things out both physically AND mentally.

You = awesome.

xo