Please tell me, what's your favourite recipe for butternut squash? We always have one on hand, mainly for:
- butternut squash fries (see recipe below)
- for the baby (super easy to steam/blend)
- add to spaghetti sauce (I steam a bunch of veggies, blend them and add to sauce
I'm thinking I need to expand my horizons when it comes to eating this beautifully tasting squash and so I want to know how YOU eat them.
My butternut squash fries:
- 1 butternut squash
- seasonings (whatever you like! I use pepper and garlic salt normally)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Peel squash (my least favourite veggie to peel!) Cut the squash into sticks like French fries.
- Arrange squash pieces on a baking sheet and season.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, turning the fries over halfway through baking. Fries are done when they are starting to brown on the edges and become crispy.