Saturday, April 24, 2010

Feeling spectacular

Until I step on the scale. I honestly think it might be time to get rid of it.

All I week I ate between 1200 and 1700 calories a day with the exception of yesterday when I ate 2100 calories (I went out for dinner and drinks!). I weigh myself this morning and I don't really like what the scale shows (178.2) and I feel defeated. I feel like I should have lost 4 lbs. I feel like I look like I lost 4 lbs. My clothes are fitting like i've lost 4 lbs. Shouldn't that be enough?

Shouldn't I be happy with how I feel about myself? Why aren't I?

This morning before I stepped on the scale I felt like a million bucks. Now I feel like a tarnished penny. Silly, I know. Maybe I should leave the scale to the gym and weigh myself once every two months like I was planning.

How often do YOU weigh yourself? Do you feel defeated when it doesn't show you what you feel you deserve?

2 people had this to say:

Gina said...

I have a love-hate relationship with the scale (I killed my last scale by throwing it out a second-floor window).

I do a monthly weigh-in along with BMI, Belly measurements, and Fat %.

I'm discouraged by today's weigh-in, but I know I'm making changes slowly in the right direction. I try to hold on to that.

Malinda said...

well you probably already know how I feel about the scale.

I can't remember the last time I weighed myself. I've asked my ND to record the number on my file a couple of times in the last year but she knows me and knows I don't want to know the number just know that someone wrote it down if I wanted to know someday... if that makes any sense.

Sometimes I think about getting on the scale we have at home.. it's right there in the linen closet, my husband uses it every couple of weeks, but every time I think of stepping on it I can't think of a number that would really and truly make me happy so I know there is no point and I'm so much better off not knowing and just buying the size smaller when my husband tells me my pants are a little too poopy looking in the back. lol

I have so many other things that need my attention at this point in my life that the number on the scale don't mean shit as far as everything else is concerned.