Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Referral?

Ok folks, I'm slowly tipping over the edge. I have been sticking to about 1300 calories a day and allow myself a couple hundred extra on the days I've done an extra workout and the weight isn't changing.

I'm being 100% honest when I track my foods. I'm walking on the days I don't go to the gym. I'm drinking my water. I'm eating 5 small meals a day istead of 3 big ones. I'm choosing healthy foods. I'm eating within my assigned daily range for carbs, fats, proteins and fibre. I honestly don't know what else I can do.

I'm thinking maybe I should see a dietician or a nutritionist? How does one go about seeing them, do you have to get a referral from your regular doctor? I honestly don't know what else to do here! I can only stay positive for so long!

Should I try going back to points for a week and see how that goes? I'd have to pull out all my old WW books, not sure I even have them all. I'm sure there is a new program (last one I knew of was core) but I'd rather pay for my gym membership then pay to go back to WW (and no, I can't do both) so the old information will just have to do. Haven't even decided if I will do it or not yet.

I'm sure my blog is getting SUPER boring because all I talk about is how I CAN"T lose weight, but it's driving me BATTY!

7 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

what about a naturopath? they can better guide you through a cleanse or other methods of detoxing your body to get things moving and will also provide nutritional/lifestyle counselling, meal planning ideas etc.

http://www.oand.org/index.php?page=find-nd-by-city

Most ND's will also over a free consultation so you can get a feel for them and whether or not they'd be a good fit for you.

JavaChick said...

I feel your pain and I wish I had some helpful advice. Keep hanging in there.

Teresa said...

Here in Quebec you don't need a referral to see a dietitian. The first one I went to charged $100+plus for the inital visit, plus $30.00 for each additional visit. In the beginning I went once a week for months on end. Then I decided to space it out to every two weeks, then to once a month. It adds up quickly. I also found at the local CLSC (community government services) a Dietitian for free. This weightlose business is beyond frustrating. Hold on keep the faith.

Sonya said...

Hey - I can't imagine how frustrated you are right now, that is tough.

Just a question on your exercise: are you getting enough cardio in? I mean, the strength-training stuff is really good for you too, but the cardio really helps with weight loss in combination with your other program...

xo

Christy said...

Thank you ladies, you are wonderful!!!

I think I will cut down one strength training day (to three times a week) and add 3 cardio days a week and see if that helps. I'll do that for a couple of weeks until I see my doctor and I will talk to him then.

I wouldn't make it through this without you guys!!

Tricia said...

Your doctor should be able to refer you to one they work with. Wouldn't hurt to just touch base with one. good luck!

Some kind of Mom said...

I've had similar issues before, when doing WW. Upping the water has helped for me (as much as peeing every 5 minutes SUCKS). Also I found that I get into ruts of eating the same foods too often, so if you change it up a bit sometimes that tends to kickstart the weight loss again.
I've been on WW online for a month and have lost 7lbs. I'm feeling like I'm losing motivation. I'll definitely be back to your blog!