Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Journalling IS key

Today I took the day off to spend with Carson, and we were out and about the whole day. I did well, and not so well all at the same time.

At the end of the day, I was thinking "Im sure I ate all my weekly plus points", I'll just say they are all gone. Which totally sets me up for failure. With it being only the second day of my week, I would find it hard to say within my points for the next 5 days which include a weekend.

But as I was sitting down, I thought - I should just write it down. So I did. And sure the number wasn't pretty (44 if you really want to know) BUT that was only 15 of my weekly plus points. Which means I have 34 left. That's not all of them gone. Heck, 34 is a lot!

And writing it down, it doesn't lead me to believe "I've overindulged and now my week is a write-off" which is one of my biggest downfalls.

So, once again I am reminded that journalling is very key along this journey.

2 people had this to say:

CrYs said...

You are so right! I've been slacking in that department lately and have seen the scale go up the last two weeks..

Teresa said...

Need to get back to journalling myself. Its easy to get caught up in mind games. Keep up the good work.