Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Turn that frown upside down!

This morning I went back to the gym. I had gone on the weekend as well, which was my first time back since my injury.

I know I had said I was going to go back last week, but it took me longer than I had hoped to get my sh1t together (mentally and physically).

Anyhoooooo. There I was. Starting off the class with squat jumps. Standing at the front of the class, right in front of the mirror.

Wow, there's nothing quite like a wake-up call like seeing yourself in the mirror, what you ACTUALLY look like while jumping up and down.

It wasn't pretty my friends, wasn't pretty at all.

I know some of us see ourselves quite differently then we actually look (sound familiar anyone?)
But I'm pretty sure I was seeing myself accurately. And it's not what I'm meant to look like!

I was discouraged (read: close to tears) for about 2 minutes. Then as I got into the workout (I think it was during the kettlebell station) I realized there's only one thing I can do about it. I can get fit. I can get healthy. I can lose the weight. There's no point crying about the past, being sad and depressed over how I got here. I need to channel that energy and put it into the positive, and use it as motivation, determination and get my arse to the gym in the mornings!

I need to turn all negative energy into positive energy. And that, my friends, is what I'm going to do.

1 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

You are right, try and stay positive. Bit by bit and you will get there. Keep smiling.