Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dang this was good!!

I've upped my daily calorie intake (based on multiple articles, message threads, etc... on eating more to weigh less - will write more about that later).

Having more calories, my first instinct was "Hey, I can have a girl guide cookie" or "Yes, I can have those handful of chocolates". I looked back at my journal on myfitnesspal and noticed this trend of perhaps staying within my calories, but alot of those calories were in no way shape or form giving me any more nutrients/protein which is the whole basis of eating more.

Yesterday after my lunch/afternoon snack, I had about 800 calories left.

So for dinner, I tried to include more calorie-dense food while making sure those extra calories were going to do something good for me.

Dinner was....

tilapia (cooked with tomatoes, a bit of oil, garlic and parsley)
salad (spinach with avocado, red pepper, red onion, a sprinkle of goat cheese and a sesame dressing)
quinoa with asparagus

And it was DELICIOUS!!!

1 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

They say its all about balance. Your supper looks yummy. Finally opened my bag of Quinoa, not bad. Keep well. Have a Happy Easter.