Monday, April 16, 2012

My "About Me"

Lately I've been scouring the health/fitness/weightloss blogs.  I find them so inspirational, motivational, amazing,   My favourite place on a blog is the "About Me" page.  These people write in a way that just touches on everything I need to hear.  Everything I want to hear.  

They are down to earth, regular people who have transformed their lives and are now doing amazing things.  They don't make it sound easy, but they do make it sound like anyone can do it.  And you know what?  Anyone CAN do it.  There's no reason, no excuse, nothing standing in the way of any of us transforming our lives.

Today I found this site.  Mile Post - Dream Big Run Long.  Read her "Meet Mile Posts".  I dare you to read it and not feel like you are now ready to take on the world. to "Dream Big".  I know I am.

I don't have an About Me page.  I feel like I'm waiting until I'm who I want to be in terms of my health before I write it.  When I'm eating well, exercising, running... I feel like, a better me.  I still feel like myself, like Christy - married to Jeff - mom to Carson and Beckett, but I feel better.  I'm more proud of myself.  I feel like I'm pushing myself, proving to myself that I am THAT person, who can do better.

I have Phillipa (Skinny Latte Strikes Back)'s "Skinny Latte Story" bookmarked.  I read it probably once a month.  It inspires me.  It gets right inside me and gets me all revved up.  Revved up to do something about my current situation.

And to be honest, I am doing something about it.  I'm tracking daily on My Fitness Pal (as anniekiki!) and I'm exercising.  I'm eating well (still the frequest-becoming-rare binges), but at least now my body retaliates faster - as in I can't go off track for too long or I literally feel sick.  The scale is slowly going down.  My clothes are starting to feel looser.

So I know I'm on the right track.  I wish I could just turn ON the switch in my head and make it a full time commitment.  That will come.  I know it will.  For now, I will keep being inspired by all of you out there.  Please share any About Me pages that will keep me going - and one day?  MY About Me page will get someone else out there going.

I've heard many iterations of the following quote, so I can't footnote it to one person, but it's been going through my head the last little while:

Time will pass no matter what... it's what we decide to do with that time that matters most.

2 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

You ARE on the right track, and you are doing great. I am feeling very down about the whole thing and I know it is just my mind that is the problem. I need to work on that.

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing the links. Both very inspirational. Actually hosted Phillipa during her travels, she is a wonderful person and very down to earth. Looking forward to your about page.