Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dinner and a bag.

Except I will start in reverse order.

I was on a wild goose chase with my ex-boss at lunch yesterday - and we ended up in the end of town where a Marshalls opened up a couple of months ago.

We quickly stopped in, I took a quick browse, and found a bag that I've been searching for, forever.  I've been trying to find a good gym bag to bring to yoga with me.  I bring two towels, my water bottle and of course my mat.  I had a bag that fits just my mat, but then I was always just squishing the towels into a ball and had my arms full.

I had been eyeing the bags at Lululemon, and not really keen on spending over $100 on a gym bag.

Enter the perfect bag.

It's higher than it is wider, and fits just what I need it to.  I love the colour, the size and the weight.  PERFECT!

After Beckett's chiropractor appt, I dropped the boys off at home and went to meet my girls.  We were missing two, but the three of us had a great time.

And dinner was delicious!  We went to one of our favourite restaurants - the Black Dog in Manotick (grrr.. their website never seems to be working) which recently underwent some gorgeous renovations.

We started with wine (is 9oz the new 5oz?  I just said I wanted a glass of the Pinot Grigio, and I was automatically served the 9oz - I didn't say anything, but was just surprised?) and then my favourite salad ever.

Enter the beet and goat cheese salad, with walnuts.  It was HUGE!  And sooooo good.


 The hot and sour shrimp on a bed of rice sounded too good to pass up, so we all split it.

And so happy that we did.  Another hit.

And now - for the piece de resistance.  The peanut butter cup.  I rarely find something that tastes better together than chocolate and peanut butter.  This dessert is so delicious and sought after, that people reserve it when they order their dinner now.  Again, we split it.  I could eat this three meals a day and be a happy happy lady.




A fantastic hump day!


3 people had this to say:

Sasha said...

Mmmm.... that all looks so tasty. Kudos for sharing! And love the gym bag. Yoga mats make it all so complicated.

Teresa said...

Supper looks gooood. Good for you finding the right back. No Marshall's here yet luck you.

Christy said...

Whhaaat? Ottawa has a store that Montreal doesn't? It's a first! I'd trade you Marshalls for a multitude of your stores :)

BUT - honestly? It was exactly like Winners (I saw the same stuff that I had seen at Winners the night before) except my new bag of course :)