Monday, June 11, 2012

Making some changes....!

Since about February, my workouts mainly consisted of running and my Greco Lean and Fit program.  That, coupled with counting my calories on My Fitness Pal, I've come down about 16 lbs and shifted from a size 14-16 pants/XL shirt to a size 12 pant/L shirt.

I'm happy with my progress.

But I was getting a bit bored with my work-outs.

I have often talked about my deep admiration of all things yoga.  So I jumped at the chance to put my Greco membership on hold for 4 months and get a 4 month membership at the Moksha Yoga right down the street from my house.



I started last Monday, and I've done 6 classes in 1 week.  I love it.  Normally, I've been going to the 1 hr Moksha yoga classes in the morning (6-7, so I can still go home and see my kids in the morning before work!) but then I went to a Power class on Thursday night (and whoa, it kicked my ass!)

Even in one short week, I've already improved the majority of my poses.  I really pay attention to the instructor and listen to their guidance (sink deeper, bend when you exhale, be strong, lift your ankles up...).

And the amount of sweat that drips off me?  I could fill my water bottle full!  Besides my obvious face/neck sweating, my arms, feet, legs - are all full of sweat when I'm done.  I swear I can feel all of the toxins coming out of my body.

And the people practicing in my class?  I look to them in awe, so impressed by the way they can lengthen, bend, fold and stretch.

I've found a new little place to stay for a while, and I think I'm going to love it.

** Rather poor timing on my part, as a Greco Lean and Fit opened up about a 2 minute drive from my work, would have been great on my lunch hours.  In 4 months I'll head there :)

1 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Congrats on all that you've accomplished. Keep up the good work.