Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Change of plans

I woke up, and at some point during the night a little boy had made his way into my bed and was snuggled up against me.

I turned my alarm off, went downstairs, got dressed - water bottle packed - bag ready to go.  Was in the middle of opening up the front door when I heard the littlest voice say "Mommy - I want to snuggle with you" with the slightest hint of crying.

I saw the cutest little face ever at the top of the stairs, staring at me with the darkest brown gorgeous eyes you have ever seen.  I put my bag down, went upstairs and snuggled with my youngest son and read books until it was officially time to wake up.

I may have missed the gym, but I don't regret it, because I spent a wonderful hour with my baby.


6 people had this to say:

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

Aww! You can't get those moments back, for sure, and time goes quickly. I would have done the same thing.

Amy said...

I think my ovaries just burned a little.

Anonymous said...

And that's what it's really about.:-)

Mona

JavaChick said...

Good choice. :)

Teresa said...

Hugs and snuggle over the gym any day.

Chantal said...

oh good for you! I worry that I miss moments like that when I get one track minded. Good for you for taking the time!