Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving

Sometimes it's easier to focus on what's going wrong in our lives - I wish I was skinnier, I wish we had more money, I wish I had a better job, I wish I wish I wish....

But this weekend makes me remember what I should focus on daily - the GOOD things in my life.  And if we are being honest, I have quite a lot of things to be thankful for.

My two healthy, adorable, hilarious, gorgeous boys.
My wonderful husband.
My family - my kids are lucky and have three sets of grandparents and a great grandmother.  I have 3 sisters, a brother, 4 sister-in-laws, 7 brother in laws, 6 nieces, 5 nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles - my boys have a huge family and we are lucky enough to see alot of them often.
We have our HEALTH
We have a beautiful house over our heads
There is lots of laughter in our house
There is lots of love in our house
There are no real worries in our house

And we spent the weekend celebrating that.  We went to the gym, we went swimming, we had a sleepover, we went to the farm with our friends, we had the family over for Thanksgiving, we went on a 3 hour nature walk with our family (8 cousins!), we went out for lunch and now I'm sitting in front of the fireplace while the boys colour (well, Beckett is running around naked with a superhero cape...) and I'm just feeling thankful.

I hope everyone else remembers to think about what we DO have rather than what we DON'T have.

xo

1 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving. It was a lovely long weekend. Great photos. Simple things are the most precious and bring great joy.