Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Just write!

I have started and stopped posts like 2934785 times in the past couple of weeks.  I have so much I want to say about where my head is, but writing about it just seems so daunting.  So then I keep avoiding writing because I feel like I have to set aside a few hours to do it, and really?  I just don't have those few hours to sit down and write.  If I have a few hours, I'm sleeping :)

Our network just went down at work, so here I am.

- My focus for 2013 is weights.  On my non-weight days, I will fill in with cardio but I'm switching my mindset from cardio being the best way to lose weight (I have ONE hour at the gym, how can I burn the post calories possible?) to what's better for me in the long run. And the answer is having more muscle mass... so that's what I'm trying to accomplish.

- Am looking at buying either the Starting Strength or New Rules of Lifting for Women.  Any thoughts out there? Would love to hear them.

- It's amazing how great I feel about myself, about my marriage, about my kids, about my LIFE in general when I'm working out and eating well.  Not exercising and eating crap really takes a toll on my body AND mind (probably the latter being the worst hit!).  The world is that much brighter when I am taking care of myself.

- I'm eating more than 1200 calories.  Which means I actually have energy!  I'm allowing myself chocolate here and there, so I'm not waiting for a "cheat" day to stuff my face full of chocolate.

-Last week I worked out 7 days in a row.  Not becaue I felt I *had* to, but because I wanted to.  I wasn't dragging my feet to get there either, I was skipping to the gym (well, not really, but I was happy to go!)

Now onto the more random:

- my three year old makes me laugh from the second he wakes up (runs to our room, opens the door and has the biggest smile on his face and jumps all the way to our bed) until he goes to bed at night.
- my six year old is just absorbing absolutely everything around him, he's picking up the funniest sayings, jokes and dances from his friends at school and never fails to crack me up (we laugh a lot in our house if you can tell).
- I'm considering taking the summer off to spend it with my kids, it's a very exciting prospect, but not sure if it can come to fruition, keep your fingers crossed for me.
- I want to get a new bike for my birthday.  For the last 6-ish years I've used my bike to tow my kids behing in a trailer.  This summer I want to start biking as a form of exercise - there are gorgeus trails around my house and would love to sit out to over some serious mileage.

Not the post I wanted to really write, but it's the best I could do.

4 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

Are those books available at the library. You know I am also interested in weights! I feel the same way about my emotional well being. So much better when I exercise. I haven't done any exercise since Saturday night and I am beating myself up over it. I shouldn't. Summer off would rock. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Chantal said...

it is available at the library! I just put a hold on it!

JavaChick said...

I have NROLFW and I've done some of it but did not complete the whole program. My issues - #1: I work out at home so I don't have all the equipment you would find at a gym, and #2 I think I found it boring after a while. I went back to my blog to see if I had posted anything about NROL, and it wasn't much...But I did mention that the workouts (at least the beginning phases) were pretty quick, so you should be able to fit them in easily.

Another book you might want to check out is Rachel Cosgrove's Female Body Breakthrough. Do you read www.thegreatfitnessexperiment.com? Charlotte has done both NROLFW & Rachel Cosgrove's workout and she has lots of posts about them.

Christy said...

Thank you JC! I checked out that blog and found a lot of great information and things to try! I'm probably not going to buy the book, I can find enough stuff about it (and other programs) on the internet.