Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My co-workers should be thankful

That I didn't heat my lunch up in the microwave.

I decided to eat it cold.

Because in my lunch were ....





BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!

Now I love brussel sprouts.  My husband doesn't enjoy when I cook them, I think that's mostly because of the smell.  I would agree with him that our house smells like big stinky farts after I've cooked them, so it's not very often that I cook them. I brought them to work and then questioned putting them in the microwave because it would have created an awful smell in the kitchen!

I think I may have made Jeff like brussel sprouts after preparing them the way I did last night.

I shredded them.
Put them on a cookie sheet.
Drizzled them with olive oil.
Seasoned with salt and pepper.
Stuck them in the oven for 25 minutes at 425.
Took them out, sprinkled with about 2 tbsp parmesan cheese.
Put them back in oven for 2 minutes.

Then we ate them.  They were DELICIOUS.  They were even good cold :)

And we ate them with flank steak that had been marinating in the following since the night before:

1/3 c olive oil
1/3 c soy sauce (Kikkoman FTW)
1/4c honey
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp ground pepper
Bunch of green onions sliced

Jeff grilled it (we BBQ 12 months a year).  Flank steak is probalby my favourite steak of all time, or maybe it's just with this marinade? For whatever reason I love it which is good because it's one of the less fatty steaks out there (which is why it always requires marinade)

Anyways, my dinner last night was delicious, which means lunch today was delicious.

4 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

I love leftovers for lunch. For the most part they taste just a little better. Your lunch looks yum!

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

Sounds delish! I'm a brussell sprout fan but nobody else in my family is! I still buy and eat them! :)

Maria said...

Is that laughing cow cheese in your lunch? I ADORE laughing cow. It's my favorite treat.

Chantal said...

I had brussel sprouts last week and I did reheat them :) They were blanched then fried in oil with parmesean on them. So so good.