Friday, March 22, 2013

It's not all sunshine and lollipops...

I know I've been writing alot lately about how much better things are - how wonderful I feel, how much stronger I am getting, how my feelings towards eating have changed, how much more confidence I have - which is overall true.  However, I still have my weak, dark moments.

This week has been a struggle, and I'm not exactly sure why.

I ate over my calories the majority of the week (but bonus, I'm still tracking everything)
I saw these cute new workout shirts at Costco, bought three (XL) and they were too small for what I like in a workout shirt (I like mine loose, not tight) - that pissed me off.
I went to bootcamp this morning - still wasn't able to do a minute straight of mountain climbers on the foot slider things
Ate a hamburger and fries last night (although I threw out over half the fries - which I NEVER do - and was drinking water but decided to have an iced tea.  Only drank half of that too)
Looking back at my food journal over the past month it's good in terms of calories, but I've been slowly incorporating more grilled cheeses, sandwiches.. more "treat type" foods then sticking with mostly lean meats and veggies.  Will spend the next few weeks tightening it up again.

So mixed in with the bad is some good- but overall I didn't feel on my A game.  Time to kick it back up a notch. 

3 people had this to say:

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

It's never a bad idea to keep an eye on things, but give yourself some slack too! You're working out hard, you're making huge changes and strides, and you're ALSO eating well. So, you go off track a little. Hamburgers and iced tea are not horrible. Neither are sandwiches! what? I know what you mean though-I need to tweak mine back to something resembling clean eating-at least 80/20. I'm sliding into 80/20 the opposite direction!

Teresa said...

I agree with MMM give yourself some slack too. This is life bound to be some ups and downs. Keep up the good work.

JavaChick said...

I think it's good that you are not feeling discouraged enough to give up.

I also don't think eating a burger & fries now and then is a bad thing, if that was what you really wanted to eat. Actually, I think it's good. Loosening up on the rules now and then can be a good thing if it keeps you from feeling deprived; you take a little break, where it sounds like you really didn't go too wildly overboard, and then you get focused again. Sounds like you are doing pretty great!