Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wednesday Woots

I'm in a group on Facebook called Losing it in Ottawa (which, lately I'm reading it as "Losing it" as in losing our minds, but it's meant to be a weight loss support group.  I think it's due for an overhaul/name change to something more positive, but I'll keep my thoughts to myself.  Besides writing it here I suppose :))

Every Wednesday someone starts a thread called Wednesday woots.  I normally participate, and thought it would be a good idea to start it on my own blog.  I need to remember to celebrate my successes and not focus solely on my failures.

So, this past week, things I want to celebrate are:

1 - I gained a pound this WI.  I KNOW, why is that a reason to celebrate?  Well, it's because I know that I didn't eat an extra 3500 calories this weekend to warrant an actual pound of weight.  I did go out to dinner with my best friends on Friday - then with our awesome neighbours on Saturday (where I may have drank over a bottle of wine).  Then had pho on Sunday night (I was outside for 5 hours that day, couldn't get warm so pho to the rescue!) and a sausage on Monday night.  Both of those things are high high in sodium, so I truly believe the gain was a result from that.

2 - With all the above "outings" - I still tracked EVERYTHING.  Normally I just throw my hands up, say I've ruined it so what's the point, and not track.

3 - Sunday night, after a lot of eating out, a beavertail earlier that day - I went to order pho.  While I was waiting, we went to Walmart to pick up a few things.  Normally, I'd think "Oh, I'll just pick up some chocolate, I've screwed the weekend anyways, might as well shove whatever I can in my mouth while I'm at it".  And then as quickly as the thought entered my mind, it was gone.  I didn't even have to talk myself out of it.  It was just... gone.

I just had to throw in a picture of my youngest eating a beavertail, because, well, cute?



Mmmmmm pho, I could eat a bowl every day during the fall/winter!




3 -  We've continued testing our 1RM at the gym.  This morning I was able to deadlift 265lbs, and my trainer and I both knew I could have gone heavier.  We ran out of time and had to move onto the actual workout.  My trainer said he's just amazed by how strong I am and he even said he had to give me a hug for it.  And then?  I RX'd the workout.

The workout was:

4 deadlifts (185lbs)
7 burpee boxjumps.



Crossfit613 is the first place that I feel I can actually put all my strengths (no pun intended?) to work.  And it shows.  It's changing my life - my attitude towards myself and others - my confidence - and even my outlook on weight vs strength.  And I'm so happy I made the switch.









2 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

Woot! Woot! to you my dear!

Kataroo said...

your lifts just blow me away, your a powerhouse, supergirl!!