Thursday, February 27, 2014

Getting ready!

So,the Crossfit Open starts tonight.  At 8pm, the workout will be announced and we have until Monday at 8pm to submit our scores. 

I'll be trying the WOD tomorrow at 6am, to see what I'm in for, but a couple of us will be actually doing it on Saturday afternoon.

To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. 

Yesterday our workout consisted of 2 rds of:

21 burpees
15 ball slams
9 back squats

The weight for the back squats was 95 lbs.

If you did the two rounds at that weight, you would get your (RX).   Almost everyone I workout with can backsquat 95 lbs, but for the workout you have to get the bar off the ground (clean it up) not off the rack).  If you do it off the rack, you don't get your (RX)

If you did three rounds at that weight, that's competitive level.

And guess what I did?  COMP BABY!!  Sure, it took me the longest out of all the people that did comp (in red below), but I still did it!




2 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

not entirely sure what that means but it sounds pretty awesome!

Kataroo said...

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!! that's freaking awesome! Powerhouse! I'm so excited for you